Friday, March 19, 2010

The Oldest Person in the World

There is a new oldest person ever.  It's a woman (of course).  I can't believe she's Georgian.  I would have thought that she'd be Japanese, or Mediterranean, not from a former Soviet Republic, that is in the middle of Asia/Europe and right near Kazakhstan.

I'm a big fan of old people.  I can't wait until I'm old.  The beauty of being old is that people have to listen to what you say, even if it's the most inappropriate thing ever.  Old people can do whatever they want, really, because they've lived through it all.  Of course, the bad thing is becoming senile, and not really knowing what's going on.  

I think I'd be senile too.  I can imagine when Mrs Oldestwomanintheworldvilli was a kid, and hearing about the latest craze, the next new thing that was going to change the world.  Smoking whale blubber, the crazy fur hat, tattoos of countries on your head.  She's seen it all.  It's hard to get excited about an iPod when you're 129.  It's even harder to get excited about an iPod app.

She's earned the respect.  I just think it's a little too long, I wouldn't really want to live past 80.  

There is one thing I wonder.  What happens when she laughs inappropriately?  When she pulls a prank on an unsuspecting person?  What happens when she does something really stupid?  Do people tell her to 'act her age'? 

No comments:

Post a Comment